What We Offer To Storage Companies:
The large bidder base who follows us on a monthly basis assists in recovering a significant amount of delinquencies for your storage facility. The mixture of a professional Auctioneer and the ‘live cry’ auction process is essential to guaranteeing maximum return on your delinquencies. We advertise our monthly schedule to all that subscribe to our email lists so they are kept up to date with your scheduled auctions.
What we offer to Self-Storage Bidders:
The fairness in which we treat every bidder, both new and old, is a trait that keeps our bidders loyal. There are many other sales in which they could choose to attend, but the way a person is treated has huge implications. With our process of conducting ‘live cry‘ auctions, we afford the bidder every chance to fairly acquire their units of choice. Our auctioneers also keep a promise to not bid against any customer when conducting our storage sale. If you are interested in learning about this fascinating business and how to succeed, please contact us for some professional advice. Your success ensures our success!
- You have 24 hours to clean out units purchased at the sale. You get the good, bad, ugly, and everything in between. Units must be swept out.
- Cash payment is required immediately following the sale! There will be NO time to go to the bank or ATM.
- You are not allowed to use the dumpster for any reason. Everything goes off the storage facility property.
- If there is sales tax charged at the sale, you are responsible for the local tax amount for the county that the facility is located. If you have a Tax Exemption Certificate, you must furnish a copy of it prior to payment or you will be responsible for the Tax in that county.
- Some locations charge a deposit (deposit amounts range from $20 – $100 per unit purchased). You will get your deposit back once you clean out the unit in the allotted time. If you fail to clean out the unit in the allotted time, you forfeit your deposit to the storage facility.
- NO PHOTOGRAPHY, VIDEO, OR ANY TYPE OF RECORDING AT THE SALES.
- NO SMOKING AT THE FACILITY ONCE THE SALE BEGINS.
- Do not lean in past the storage unit threshold or you will not be permitted to bid on that particular unit. You may not enter the unit or touch anything inside until after you pay for the unit and have a receipt in hand. You are not allowed to go back to the unit until after payment has been made.
- Bring locks, you must lock the unit immediately after purchasing the storage unit. The storage facilities generally have locks for sale in the office and it is recommended that you purchase your lock prior to the sale.
- Do not call the facility to find out how many units they have for auction. We have an auction hotline you can call (770-425-6050) that has the number of units up for bid! If the hotline does not mention a location, it has been cancelled. The auction hotline is updated every evening by 8PM for the following days auctions!
- There are no warranties or guarantees whatsoever.
- If there appears to be a vehicle located within a storage unit, you will NOT receive any type of warranty or title. We do not sell vehicles, we only sell the contents of a unit.
- You must register for the sale you are attending. Everyone going on property must furnish their ID and sign in. If you are not registered, you are not allowed to bid unless prior approval from Auction Company or the storage facility manager.
What to bring to your First Sale:
- Cash *** Remember – Storage sales are CASH ONLY and you ARE NOT allowed to go to a bank or ATM after the sale!)
- GPS (or map out the auction route the evening before using Google Maps, Yahoo Maps or Mapquest)
- Bring your Tax Exemption Certificate to avoid paying sales tax at the auction
- Program the Auction Hotline number in your phone: 770-421-9017